Monday, September 20, 2010

End of an Era

I'm not sure how long this wood "ladder" was up before I noticed it. I did have to take a picture for Macade before this tree started coming down.
Sterling and I, with a little help from all our cranky neighbors, decided the trees needed to come down. We were a little worried about them coming down on their own right onto someones house. Our house foundation is also at risk.
Don't worry that this truck was broken down in my driveway for 2 full days before becoming a temporary fixture in the backyard. (It leaves lovely black spots wherever it is.)

This tree has gotten out of control. But I won't lie... I am sad. It looks a little naked outside without it. OK a lot naked. It was part of this neighborhood. Boy, the cranky neighbors might not have to rake leaves for 2 days, but their air conditioning bills are going to sky rocket!


Oh and let's not forget the shed. This little beauty had to go to get to the trees. We have one bare backyard! This shed is being replaced with a big old shop and my new hot tub to help ease my tree separation anxiety.
More pics coming soon!



No comments: