Friday, November 26, 2010

My friend Marie

For Thanksgiving I know I should be gushing about some little soldier in Afghanistan...
but I already did on his blog. hehe
Today I am grateful for my friend, Marie.
This started out as a simple patient/dental assistant relationship. You know, I suck up her spit and she is just a good patient...
Well she starts bringing in hand made items to sell. Now, this chick is 90 years old and crafts like a goddess! She makes cards and hats, scarfs and baby sweaters. I mean, she is pro! So I start buying up a few items. I took the boys over to pick some things up at her place and they could not believe she is 90! She is though! She is amazing!
So, I stopped by to purchase some of her crocheted stockings and next thing I know, I have been chattin it up with my new BFF for 2 hours! AND made a lunch date before I left.
I gotta tell ya, she is cooler than half the friends I have that are my age. And she is lonely. She is in an assisted living center but has no friends because they are all miserable and she is so healthy and fun loving.
In true Gordon Moore fashion, I would love her to be my Grandma. I love her and I am thankful for her at this time of Thanksgiving.

No comments: