Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Quotes of the Day

Compliments of patients at Aspen Dental Care,
As my patient was peeling denture adhesive off of the roof of his mouth, he cheerfully says, "just like skinnin a rabbit." There you have it. Quote #1 needs no more explanation.
Quote #2 when asked if a patient was numb enough she replied, "oh my ancestors came across the plains. I'm fine". Again, no more words for that one.
My personal favorite today was all from one patient. "I am working for Obama, going to be on Oprah" and this is good, "I can't even answer my phone because it's the paparazzi!" O my. This I may need to elaborate on....
Meth?

B

4 comments:

The Pratts said...

I am so glad none of those quotes were - "well she actually numbed me on the other side" - today was an interesting day! I am so glad I don't work tomorrow - I need a day to recuperate.

Teresa Jordan said...

Your patient may have been on meth, but I have to tell you that I have a neighbor (not on meth) who carves Obama heads out of wood and sells them at craft fairs for $20.
Hey - was that you who posted the "TaTa's" comment on my blog about the apron giveaway? If so, never fear, I used MYSELF to measure the aprons so they will pretty much fit over any size Ta Ta's! :0)

Blythe said...

Love it! You should keep a running journal and publish it some day.

The Pratts said...

Becky - did you really not hear? Oh it was so bad! We were down 0-14 within 3 minutes and TCU never looked back! I was picking up pizza thinking we had a whole game to watch and the first quarter wouldn't be a big deal to miss - I was dead wrong! An older lady was talking to another guy in line and mentioned the score, I interrupted them to get some clarification ... I felt nauseous! It was a bad night to say the least! But we knew what would happen if we lost - our BCS chance is gone and that is just how it is - sad, but we knew in advance what would happen if we lost. It is sad, but we are still fans in this house - one loss won't change that! :) Now we have the next game to look forward to and of course the Utah game. But there is the update - sad news for us, but even great teams lose sometimes! :)