Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm a Runnner!


Yeah, I am a runner! OK, I say runner in very loose terms. If I were honest I might say I am a walk trotter. OK, painfully ugly runner may be more accurate. So Sterling got me these shoes that I have wanted for some time. I went, I tried on and I came home with what I hoped would make miracles happen. Last night I tried them out for the first time. Not bad if I do say so myself. I ran (trotted) around the track a time or two and it felt good AND I am alive today to tell about it. Maybe some of you know my disdain for exercise. I hate it! I break a sweat doing Kegal exercises for heavens sake. (Speaking of, I obviously need to do more sweating to Kegals as I slowly pee myself the whole time I do run! How come I wasn't aware of this curse we woman must face? Hello, do I not have an honest sista out there willing to share this intimate detail with me before I go trotting?!!!) Anyway, I hate exercise but I have wanted to run for a long time. Hopefully, I will be a graceful runner from here on out. (I will practice my "exercises" so as to not mortify my fellow runners.)
B

4 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Becky! You Rock!!! umm, so now that your a runner I'll have to keep you up to date on all the 5k's that i plan for everyone else to attend. :D lol... one day I really am going to do one. I maybe 80, and I may have to be pushed in a chair, but one day... Love you can't wait to see you thursday and I'll bring those books.

Kati said...

Yay for you! I am so proud.

Cami said...

I could have told you about the curse. How sad is that? Good luck with everything. I hope you can stay committed to something a lot better that I can.

MJ said...

Good Luck Becky! Had I known you had taken up running, I would have warned you of the curse. It is a horrible thing, but worth it in the end.