Friday, May 15, 2009

Conversation with a 16 year old

Mom: Hi Skyler. How was your day?





Skyler: Good, Good (Very quickly said and a little chipper actually.)





Mom: What?! Did you win a car? (He is a Ken Garff key to success candidate) Do you have an A in Algebra? Did you get asked out on a hot date?





Skyler: No, it's just one of those days when it's good to be alive.





Mom: Singing " The Hills are Alive" from the rooftops in my mind!!





Sometimes this kid really is my breath of fresh air!





Of course, he did tell me later that a girl from his "group" asked him to go see "Star Trek" with the clan.





Are you kidding???!!! Joy of all joys! Rapture! Rapture! This is ranking right up there with this for me.

Some things just really create fabulous-ness for me!

B

Ps If you hear anything odd tonight, please don't report me to the police! I will just be singing from my rooftop that my Amazing Austistic kid just got asked out! And begging the Gods to please bring back my McRib!

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

oh my gosh...not sure I'm ready for my boy to start dating!! I did hear some singing late the other night...was that you?

Unknown said...

That is very uplifting. He's a great kid. If we all had that attitude that it is great to be alive then nothing would be wrong with the world.