Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day


Just wanted to take a second to thank all those who have served for my freedom. As I dragged the kids through the Orem City Cemetery this morning I remembered several cemetery visits as a child myself. I will admit that, as my nephew said, "I only do it for my Mom." I went along and went through the motions without giving much thought to why we celebrate this holiday.
This last couple of years and especially today had deeper meaning for me. I was able to appreciate the sacrifices of those who have given for me to be free.
As we prepare to send our son to war, this sacrifice is all too real. That people have done this day after day for so many years has completely left me in awe.
The service at the cemetery was beautiful and left me with a feeling of pride after seeing those veterans that love this country so much, with tears in their eyes as they remembered their fallen friends.
May God bless them and those that continue to serve.
My friend K, has posted a beautiful photo of Cade on her blog. She is gifted with a camera and with her kind words. Check it out at http://www.pricelessimpressions.blogspot.com/

No comments: