Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Tatting Lesson

So, bless Marie's heart for having patience... She has been teaching me to tat. I have wanted to learn how for a long time now and she was willing to teach me. So after all morning of trying to figure it out, I came home thinking that it may not be the craft for me, but I was determined to learn how to make this simple flower. If nothing else, I wanted Marie to be proud of me. So, after using at least 2 full shuttles of string, I saw the knot on the left forming. A few more times yielded something that at least resembled Marie's examples. Late tonight, I have conquered the flower!!! What make this even sweeter is I used my own Grandma Great's tatting shuttle! My mom found it in her old sewing machine.
I love spending my time with Marie. She is so fun and has great stories. She and her friends made me feel right at home during lunch and it was just like going out with my own girlfriends. I had to laugh at the way these catty ol gals talked about folks in their home, the latest jewelry they purchased, and their children. Good times.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

when I saw your post title I seriously thought you meant tatooing!