Sunday, May 11, 2008

Joy of all Joys

My children, and most of all my husband, have been good to me this year for Mother's Day! I got home late last night from scrapping with my good friend Blythe and the boys were still awake. Koy must have been watching the clock because right at midnight he jumped into my arms and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. Then promptly turned to ask Sterling if they could give me their gift. Sterling told him no and to go to bed of course. So first thing this morning I hear little Koy up and noticed he has gone in to wake Macade. Which is like waking the dead, by the way. So Macade gets up and they both go down to wake Skyler. The next thing I know, Koy is right in my face asking how many eggs I want. Sterling and I had already discussed going to Mimi's for breakfast so we let him down easy but I did tell him it was the best Mother's Day thought ever! He had overheard me days ago mention to my mom that we used to do breakfast in bed for them all of the time and my kids had never thought to. It brought tears to my eyes for sure.
Then as I got ready to go, I walked downstairs to behold my gift!!! The Cricut 9000, as Sterling calls it!!! They bought me the Cricut Expressions die cut machine. I am so excited! So those of you who know me, be prepared to get lots of homemade items!!
Yeah for 1 day a year when a chick can get a little love in the form of a $500 machine!

No comments: