Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Story of my Life



Well it goes without saying that I am totally a widow this weekend due to the pretty little object you see here. Once a year I am totally widowed to "the train". That doesn't mean that I don't suffer rejection at it's hands at other times of the year by any means. It just means that I will not see or hear from my husband (ie Train Nerd) for days on end. He will anctually sleep on the ground where they have set up. Pathetic! I can't get him to go camping to save my life... Funny.

So Skyler, my awesome 15 year old brought home the Exemplary Student of the Year award tonight. Who knew that he also was the only 9th grader to pull a perfect attendance! So cool is he! I am so proud of him. No one would ever guess that he didn't speak until he was 4 years old and that he was a pretty severely autistic little dude at one point! God bless him! He is my breath of fresh air when nothing else seems to be going right.

All hail Skyler and here's to autistic kids everywhere! May you have many good teachers to help you on your way!

B

No comments: