Monday, September 22, 2008

Skyler the Innocent


So, most of you know that my middle child Skyler is autistic. He is a fabulous kid! Very innocent and would never purposely get into trouble. Well until we provoke him I guess. The subject of moving has recently been coming up a lot at our house. It is time to upgrade and get some more living space. He is getting no smaller after all. Well, Skyler has made it very well known that he opposes the very idea. He thinks it will ruin his life. Yeah yeah yeah. Sterling and I have been looking at a few places and had printed out a whole list of homes we would like to go and see while out visiting with my parents. When we were done chatting with the folks about which house were great I put the papers in the truck. When it came time to leave I would've sworn I put those papers on the front seat. The whole fam went about looking for the papers. Skyler and Koy waited in the truck while this went on. I finally gave up and got back in the truck to a very expressionless Skyler sitting a little too quietly in the back. I asked him if he knew what had happened to the papers. He said no and then turned his head away and practically hung it out the window so that I couldn't see his face. My parents noticed his laughing though and asked why he was so happy. Still, he would not give it up. The whole drive out of the park he just snickered until finally admitting that he had torn up some pieces and tried to flush them down the toilet. That was not successful however and he then turned to the river. (Come to think of it, he did take a far longer walk than usual. My sister and family even went looking for him.) So there you have it. Koy laughed all the way home that Skyler had finally done something mischievous. I had to giggle too as that is so far out there for Skyler to do. Sterling however kept saying that he found nothing funny about it. Yeah right. So here's to Skyler for distracting his parents the best way he knew how. I love that kid!


B


PS Dad, I will bring a plunger and mop up asap!

1 comment:

Kati said...

He is such a good kid. But...I want you to move closer to me!