Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dream come true


So it is a dream come true. But is it his or mine? Skyler got a Fender guitar for his Birthday today! I have no doubt that he was excited but I was ecstatic!!! I have waited and waited for one of my kids to decide they wanted to play. Yeah!!!

So I don't know if any of you know that Skyler is a HUGE 80's music fan! He can even whip me in a game of "Name that Tune". But he has never shown any particular desire to play an instrument. So when he mentioned a guitar, Sterling and I hopped right on it!

OK so here is why I am thrilled! I come from a long line of guitar playing nuts! My dad, 2 brothers, 1 uncle, a nephew and several billion cousins play. I can't think of any women that play and secretly I am hoping to one day be a first. It's a little dream of mine.

Anyway, here's to Skyler, my "rockin" 16 year old!!

3 comments:

Kati said...

Okay. Ummmmm. Picking my jaw off the floor.))

16!!!!!!!!!!
What the?
When the he_ _ did that happen?

Seriously! What a handsome young man. And....I got a guitar for mother's day this year. I have been looking for a good teacher! You should learn along with me! How fun would that be to jam together! Well, it would be more of a laugh fest. But, HOW FUN!

Happy Birthday Skyler!

The Pratts said...

Becky you should go to Best of Music down the parking lot from us and check out lessons, then you can serenade me while I am cleaning teeth... now that is something none of my hygiene assistants have ever done - you would be the best of all time for sure, it would top Sonic runs!

PS I am tagging you, check out my blog for details!

Blythe said...

I made Dean check out your blog and he actually made the picture big so that he could examine the guitar closely. He says you did well.

Happy Birthday Skyler!