Sunday, June 29, 2008

Here is the Church...

So first of all let me just say, Gob bless Skyler for getting up every Sunday morning and getting ready for church all by himself. It gets me out of bed with nothing but shear guilt as my motivation. So, as I am sitting in sacrament a few glimpses from my childhood came to mind. I was pretty sure as a child that God had made those little water cups just for me. I watched a little one in church thinking the same thing today, I have no doubt. I also remember playing with my mom's hands when I was really bored. Hands that I need only to look down and see today. I have become my mother, no doubt about it. There was just something about pinching softly the skin on her knuckles and how it would always hold it's position for a time. And then there was the good ol' tickle the letters onto my back game. Oh the time I could take just pretending I could never figure out what they were writing. One of my very first memories is that of falling down on my way home from church. I skinned my knees up real good and as my mom was cleaning up my handiwork, much to my dismay, my dad brought in a bottle of coca cola. This may explain 2 things. 1- My phobia of going to church. (Those scabs didn't heal for days!) And 2- My total addiction to all things Coke! Wow, who knew that one could carry so many burdens through the years. All hail Diet Coke!
B

1 comment:

Christine said...

Does it mean I'm addicted when I start blurking on my Dentist friends blogs? I found yours through Summer. Wasn't sure it was yours until I saw the Sonic cups!