Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ode to my Grandma

So I'm not sure if everyones Grandma used this term so excuse me for a minute while I rant about the use of the term "tickled pink". My Grandma would say this all the time! Or just the shortened version "tickled" My Grandma was a great woman! She was a tough old gal too. She could fish like a shark and much to her dismay, I got seasick the few times they attempted to take me out. I loved eating at Grandmas too. We ALWAYS had chicken gumbo or tomato soup. YUM! You never wanted to be at Grandmas when she was in a bad mood though. It was these precious moments that she would pull out the hairbrush and decide we all need a good comb-through. O wow! Did I mention I get my lovely thick locks straight from Gram? O yes, the torture... My Grandma was a serious chain smoker. She smoked like a freight train until heart derailment sent her in for open heart surgery. She never smoked again.. or wore a bra. Nice. I think one of my Grandma's joys was that my Skyler would crawl his 12 year old self up on her lap and fall asleep. He NEVER did that with anyone but Grandma. I miss her. I miss her funny phrases and her fun giggle. I miss being one of her favorites. I miss tickling her pink.
B

No comments: