Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fastidious


Fastidious is the word of the day. Not that I have ever had a word of the day thus far, but I'm contemplating it now. Fastidious originates from Dr. Payne's office. It's meaning is whatever Doc sees fit to use it for. (As does my personal favorite, Concise) I'm really not sure of the spelling on either word but don't they just make you happy to say them. Believe me, my staff meeting experiences are not complete without a good "concise" moment. I swear he makes these words up sometimes just to test my Payson vocab. Another favorite Dr. Payne word is "damnit"! I'm pretty sure this one originates from Guatemala. It means, "I can't say the word I'm thinking of." I am definitely not sure of the spelling on that one, because I NEVER use that word. So here's to Doc, my Vocab extraordinaire and his willingness to keep me in tuned to the conversation.
B

1 comment:

The Pratts said...

Becky - the numbness went away and IT HURTS!!! Help! See you tomorrow.