Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Locks of Love




So, I finally did it. (Thank you friends for listening to me talk about it for weeks now!) I got my hair cut yesterday. My good friend Courtney had to take several nice chops to get these thick locks off. I will be sending in 11 inches in memory of my Grandma Burnell! I decided several years ago to do this after watching her suffer with cancer. She didn't live long enough to need a wig, but I sure hope mine goes to someone who really needs it. My Grandma had the thickest most beautiful red hair! Also a shout out to my good friend Colette who would have looked great in my hair but now has her own beautiful hair again. I love ya sista! I'm so glad I was able to donate! I love the foundations that do this! I love and miss my Grandma! I adore my friend Colette. And I love having 10 less pounds of hair to lug around! Just think of the shampoo I'll save!

B

5 comments:

Christine said...

Your new do looks so cute! What a great thing to do.

m said...

Sweet Awesome! hey- did you get the info on the Gordon/Kathleen Moore blog?
www.creatingmoorememories.blogspot.com
I sent out info so you could be an authorized author person... check it out. I have like 5 emails for you guys but I thought I got the becky one in there...m

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

You look HOT!!! Watch out lab guy!

The Mecham Family said...

Your hair is SO cute! Love the new cut! Sterling told us how cute is was, and he wasn't lying. I really like it!
-Kendra

Teresa Jordan said...

Becky! Your hair is so cute. What a woman! Such a great way to honor your grandma. I have never been able to grow my hair that long, so I always just make my kids donate their hair. I miss you!